Saturday, February 12, 2011

On contentment.....

I've been meaning to write this post for a while, and when I think of other things to post I think that I can't because this one is still unwritten. So here is what I've decided to call the state of the me- 2010.

K-Love radio recently focused on the "one word" for the coming year movement. You were to set one word to focus on for the coming year in your spiritual life.

My one word, I decided, was content.

I really have been lately too, thank and praise God! (for all!).

I've decided that this caregiving thing is a blessing from God. That God is keeping mom really quite well. That caring for my aunt has been an additional blessing. That a warm dog in my bed is a comfortable state at night. That Tylenol is further proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. That somehow, inexplicably, (except that it isn't inexplicable as it is clearly God's intervention and grace) i've landed in a job doing just what i want to be doing. i'm a grantwriter, but he's giving me the ability to do so much more. Social media, fundraising, a newsletter, website content management..... it's really very up my alley. i have a giant office, now all my own, decorated as i like with the pictures of the travels God blessed me with. i have a gorgeous niece, and a wonderful family. My job is super family friendly, in the way that anytime i need time off i have it, and yesterday mom was able to come and sit in my office with me at the end of the day, and my boss was fine with the idea. i have a brother to help me. Most importantly i have God!

So yes, this year, Lord, please help me to remember to be content, though forgive and pardon me when i fail in this endeavor. Thank You and praise You for all!!!!!

amen.

1 comment: